Friday, January 27, 2023

EPILOGUE:

Last Part:


Arnav POV

We reached Shantivan in no time. It felt nice to meet my family again. Everyone could see the guilt of not remembering my own family flashing on my face. But Di and Dhruv made the awkwardness disappear in seconds. All this while I never left Khushi's hand. She had been silent throughout our journey. That little incident near the gazebo triggered my memories. The wound on my wife's head was enough to make my amnesia disappear. Once my family noticed the white tape on Khushi's temple they turned into a mother-hen. I had no choice but to leave her hand. They smothered her. With a chuckle I allowed them to shower their concern on Khushi.

I tried to catch her eyes but Mrs. Raizada seemed lost. I thought she would be happy to see me like my old self. Strange. Her state of mind disturbed me. I need to get her away from the family. There is so much that I need to tell her. At the time of my accident, I so wanted to hear her voice. And now that I have my memories my patience is running out. Before I could verbalize my thoughts Di announced that we will celebrate my recovery in style. A bonfire in the backyard.  Knowing that I would not be seeing Khushi for the next few hours I headed to our room to refresh myself.

Alright, Khushi maybe all this is overwhelming you. I can relate. We will talk for sure. I will grant you this little time to gather your thoughts. Wait? Where the hell is Aman Mathur? Lgta hai holiday mana rha hai. Well, he needs to know that it's time to focus on work. Because I am back. Yeah. The cold ruthless businessman ASR is here to work and reach the heights of success. Without a second thought, I dialed Aman's number.
(Seems like he is on a holiday).

"Aman Mathur, I need the update on my current projects asap. And what about that new deal? Has Khanna signed it?"

"Uh...uh...what?...ASR?...you? But you shoo-ed me..away at work..."

"GROW UP AMAN! I don't have time for your silly games. WHY ARE YOU STAMMERING IDIOT? I NEED ANSWERS. CALL ME AGAIN AT 10. OR PLACE YOUR RESIGNATION ON MY DESK."

I hung up immediately. Damn it. He seriously needs to set his priorities straight. What the hell?! Did he say that I shoo-ed him away? What have I been doing all this while? Why cannot I recall what happened after the accident? I mean I know that I could recognize the family. Why do I feel that certain chunks of my memory are lost? Whatever. I am not gonna bother myself with all this crap. I need to focus on my work. This is too much to handle. Pushing open my laptop I comfortably sat on the recliner. Time to check the accounts.

Khushi POV

After returning to Shantivan Di proposed the idea of celebrating Arnavji's recovery in style. The idea of a bonfire sounded nice but right now my mind was elsewhere. I could not help but miss the obsessive side of Arnavji. Kaash ki ek baar hum unhein bye kehdete. Kyun Devi Maiyya? Kyun woh humein itna yaad aarha hain? I should be happy that my husband is back to his old self. Then why do I feel so... heartbroken??
(I wish I could have hugged him goodbye, once. Why DM? Why am I missing him so much?)

No, I should not do this. I promised my obsessed Arnavji that I won't miss him. He is gone now. He won't come back. I should hold my end of the deal. I will not be sad. I will try to be cheerful and happy. Wiping my tears I joined my sister-in-law. Picking up the necessary stuff for tonight's bonfire I advanced toward the backyard of Shantivan.

Around 7 pm all of us were present in the backyard wrapped in our sweaters and beanies. The chilly winds in Delhi were driving them crazy. But the bonfire and the cozy surroundings made it better. We sat on plastic chairs encircling the fire. I could feel the heated gaze of Arnav Singh Raizada since the time we arrived in Shantivan. However, I did my best to avoid him. I know that he knows that I am acting weird. He deserves an explanation. He needs answers. But what am I supposed to say to Arnavji? Sorry, I am just missing your obsessive side who was madly in love with me. I mean he does not even remember those moments of ours. Sighing in displeasure I tried to participate in the small talk happening around me. 

Sometime later Dhruv and Nanheji started to play music on their Bluetooth speaker. Di coaxed Arnavji and me to dance. Then she dragged her husband to join as well. Swaying to the music, being so close to Arnav Singh Raizada, I had no choice but to meet his piercing gaze. A wild range of emotions greeted my vision. Love. Confusion. Curiosity. Anger. I understood each of them. He loved me. My fake smile confused him. He was curious to know more about the reason behind my vague emotions. And most of all anger. The distance between us was driving him insane. Before I could say something he interrupted me.

"Khushi, you look so lost! Baat kya hai haan? The last time we spoke was before my accident. Did you not miss me at all?"
(What's the matter?)

"I...I just. I missed you. I did. Par aap..."
(But you...)

"Main kya haan? This distant behavior is not helping! You cannot just..."
(Me what?)

He stopped midway. The music was still blaring from the speakers. Everyone was busy dancing. But Arnavji halted our movements. My eyes widened in disbelief when he clutched his head. I could sense that the pain was excruciating. His scream alerted the family. The music stopped and Rahul Jeeju held my husband firmly. The doctor in him took over and within seconds he asked Nanheji and Dhruv to take Arnavji inside. 

An hour later everyone left our bedroom. Jeeju instructed everyone to let my husband rest. Only I was allowed to stay next to him. Arnavji lay on the bed and I sat next to him holding his hands in mine. He was still not conscious. Wake up, Khushi. Stop missing the obsessive side of Arnavji. Be thankful to Devi Maiyya that your husband is fit and fine. Giving myself a pep-talk I caressed his head. My touch made him twitch. Slowly. Painstaking slowly his eyes fluttered open. Deep pools of charcoal greeted me. I smiled softly cupping his cheek.

"Aap theek hain?"
(Are you alright?)

But then something changed altogether. I was expecting an angry ASR who would not speak to me in response to my weird behavior. However, I felt a firm hand gripping my waist. A sudden pull and I found myself plastered against my husband. The flaming touch left me flabbergasted. Our noses touched each other. I could feel his breath on my lips And then his next words made me gasp.

"I missed you, Khushi. Par ab main tumse door nahi jaunga!"
(But now I won't let you go ever!)

Arnav POV

"I missed you, Khushi. Par ab main tumse door nahi jaunga!"

That was the first thing I uttered about my obsession. The last thing I remembered was being cornered by a group of men who were trying to manhandle my girl. Damn it. And then everything became blank. Waking up to her touch, I felt more alive. Feeling her around me made me lose control. I had imagined that after my memories are sorted that I would turn into a figment of imagination. That's what Dr. Rahul had explained to Khushi. According to him, this obsessive side of mine is only temporary. So astonished by the turn of events I pulled Khushi close to me. A gasp escaped her lips when she realized that my possessive side returned.

"You...you are back. Humein lga humne aapko kho dia hai."
(I thought I have lost you forever).

Her trembling hands found solace on my chest. I smirked at our proximity. My presence here, after all the amnesia fiasco, proves one thing. No matter what the circumstances are nothing can separate me from Khushi Raizada. It seems I am another entity within Arnav Singh Raizada. And the businessman is unaware of my existence. Fantastic. Now I will do everything to be with Khushi. ASR will be allowed to come out and play at times. But he will have to respect my privacy with Khushi.

"Yes, I am back love. Lagta hai meri obsessive side tumse zyada der tak dur nahi reh skti..."
(It seems that my obsessive side missed you a little too much...)

My words trailed as my girl captured my lips with hers. I smiled into the kiss. Seems like Khushi missed me too. Poor girl must have thought that I am gone to never return to her life. Wrapping her in a cocoon of my arms I switched off the lamp in our room. The darkness swirled around us making Khushi tighten her hold on me. I knew she would have questions for me. My sudden appearance must have left her shell-shocked. However, right now all that matters is that we are together. Everything else will fall in place.

I love you Arnavji!

I love you, Khushi!

The moonlight played peek-a-boo through the drapes of the poolside doors. The night sky shimmered with the stars. My eyes fluttered closed feeling warm and happy. Soon I dozed off remembering a few lines of Ibn-e-Insha.

Kal chaudvi ki raat thi
Shab bhar rha charcha tera
Kuch ne kaha ye chand hai
Kuch ne kaha chehra tera
Iss shahar mein kis se milein
Hum se toh chutti mehfilein
Har shakhs tera naam le
Har shakhs deewana tera
.
.
.
.
The End!

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for bringing my Obsessive love back. Loved the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read the story all in one go... and it was awesome! Enjoyed reading it and the story was well-written. Good job on this! *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl. Your review is so motivating.

      Delete
  3. wow.. that was wonderful.. so ASR is back with the obsessive lover in him.. good.. happy for Khushi who was missing her obsessive lover husband.. Thank you for this wonderful story <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and lovely it was.... hope we get to sarun on the screen again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Thanks. Lets hope 4 the best.

      Delete