Wednesday, January 11, 2023

TZBTPK - 5


Part 5



Arnav POV

The hotel room was lit up with scented candles and rose petals were scattered on the huge king-sized bed. While Khushi slept peacefully on the chaise I ensured that my plans were set in motion. Tonight is supposed to be the best night for my wife. I have been wanting to touch her for some time now. However, my accident and the hovering Raizada family made it difficult for us. Thankfully I planned this perfect setting for us. Now I can spend some romantic moments with my woman without any interruption.

I admired my girl leaning against the back of the door. I am so lucky to have a beauty like her in my life. Her enchanting voice, her beautiful eyes, and not forget the care and concern especially reserved for me. My breath hitched as she wriggled waking up from her sleep. Like a moth to a flame, I found myself prowling toward Khushi. 

"Do you like my surprise?"

Startled by my sudden presence my beautiful wife snapped her head in my direction. She looked like an angel. Pure. Innocent. Her dove-like eyes took in the atmosphere of the room. She must have understood my desperation because the very next second she stood up and rushed into my arms. I sighed as her soft body wrapped around me. Inhaling her jasmine scent I buried my face in her long thick mane. The feeling felt serene. Wanting the moment to last I slowly pulled out my phone from my pocket and played a romantic track on it. As the soft music reverberated around the room, I started swaying us to the beats. An audible gasp escaped her lips.

"This song...?"

"What do you mean?"

"It is our song. Teri Meri. Hum Dono ki kahani hai ye gaana."
(This song is our story).

I heard the lyrics and carefully rubbed my hands around her back in a soothing gesture. The song was about love. Distance. Pain. Memories. Does this mean that our story had lots of ups and downs? Did we go through a lot of pain to unite with each other? Everything felt so muddled up in my mind. But amid all the chaos I had an anchor. I had my gravity. Khushi Singh Raizada. Tightening my hold over her midriff I slowly began to kiss the point on her neck that met her shoulder. She stiffed for a second in my arms. However, soon I felt her moving her head to the side making me access her neck.

"I don't understand anything. Since I woke up I feel angry and vulnerable. Amnesia feels like a curse. But you make everything so easy. Thank god you are here. Thanks for bearing with me. Thank you for loving me so much."

Slowly, my girl moved back to face me. Her eyes widened in disbelief at my sudden confession. Seems like the old me did not communicate with Khushi much. Her reaction makes it so obvious. God. This is unexpected. ASR might be a ruthless perfectionist businessman but he was a failure in his personal life. Damn it. He will be back one day. One fine day when this temporary memory loss will be cured. And that day I will disappear from Khushi's life. Just the thought of leaving this woman has made me breathless. Her voice pulled me out of my stupor.

"Aisa kyun lgrha hai ki aap humse bye kehre hain?"
(Why does this feel like a goodbye?)

"Because I am. Main goodbye hi to keh rha hoon, Khushi. You know meri yaadasht kabhi bhi waapas aajaegi. And then your old Arnavji will be back. This dark and obsessive side of mine will be gone by then."
(Yes I am saying bye Khushi. You know once my memories return, the old Arnav will too).

Tears cascaded down her eyes as I stated the hard facts. How strange is human nature? When you have something you ignore it. But when you know that the same thing will disappear soon you feel disappointed. Khushi had been terrified of my obsessiveness. Now that she knows that I can disappear soon. The idea of it terrifies it.

"Matlab aap chale jaayenge?"
(Means you will be gone?)

"Haan Khushi. It has been more than two weeks. Jeeju matlab Dr. Rahul ne kaha tha na ki teen hafte mein mera amnesia theek hojaega."
(Yes Khushi. Dr. Rahul clearly stated that in three weeks I will recover).

Unable to take the truth Khushi broke down in my arms. I fell on my knees with her. The reality is always harsh. There is not much time left. I can feel it. My instinct keeps warning me. I know all this peace is just a warm-up before the actual storm destroys everything. But I should be happy that I got to spend such a good time with Khushi. I should cherish these moments. Instead of being sad, I will enjoy the little time we have. I immediately verbalized my thoughts to my girl.

"Shush. Stop crying, woman. Khushi jo time saath mein kyun na usse dil bhar ke jeeyein. Bhool jao sab. Bas in palo ki khushi mehsoos kro. Okay, baby?"
(Khushi rather than feeling sad we should spend this time with each other. Forget everything. Just feel the happiness of the present).

"Haan...haan. Aap sahi keh rhe hain."
(Yes...yes. You are right?)

Wiping her tears she cupped my cheeks in her warm hands. The song changed to a more sensuous one making it difficult for me to control my desires. But this time Khushi surprised me. My wife placed her lips on mine. She nibbled on my lower lip like a true seductress. The feeling of being kissed by my one true love was enough to drive me crazy. I kissed her back and then the night grew more passionate for us.

The candles melted. The fragrance of roses continued to tease our nostrils. Resting on the bed with my Khushi who was wrapped in only a silk bed sheet I caressed her beautiful hair. She was playing with the fingers of my other hand that was placed on my tummy. 

Khushi POV

For the first time in my life, I realized what it feels like to fall in love again. Yes. It is really surprising, right? To fall in love with your husband yet again after he has lost his memories. Sounds insane. But love does not acknowledge insanity. Devi Maiyya ne Arnavji aur mujhe ek aur chance dia. Yaadasht jaane ke baad bhi Arnav Singh Raizada humaare deewane ban gaye. My life seems so beautiful. 
(DM has granted Arnavji and me another chance. Even after Amnesia Arnav Singh Raizada developed a craziness for me).

I fell in love with Arnavji. I liked bantering with the egoistic ASR. However, post amnesia, this passionate obsessive side of Arnav Singh Raizada, makes my heart race like a raging train. I smiled sensing his fingers around my waist. Engulfed in his arms I feel like a woman who has found her other half. This man completes me. Will these days last forever? One day my husband will regain his memories. And then his passionate side will vanish in thin air. Ye wale Arnavji humein bahut yaad aayenge. I clutched his arms in a tight grip feeling the tentacles of fear gripping my insides. My husband's sudden question made me aware of my surroundings.

"Kya soch rhi ho?"
(What are you thinking?)

"Hum aapse bahut pyar krne lge hain. Agar aap chale gaye toh..."
(I love you so much. If I lose you then...)

"Khushi let's not go there. Don't overthink. This is life. You lose. You win. Agar main chala bhi gaya to ek khoobsurat yaad ban krke tumhare dil mein zinda rahunga. Alright?"
(Even if I am gone cherish our beautiful moments within your heart).

Nodding in agreement I lifted my head, only to kiss his inviting lips. Smiling at the sudden gesture he kissed me back. We both were trying to convey our love and passion for one another. Time stood still as we continued to shower our love on each other.
The night turned into a beautiful day. Sunlight peaked through the hotel window drapes making me blind for a second. It took me a few seconds to comprehend my whereabouts. I must have dozed off at some point in the middle of the night. A firm grip on my midriff made me look down. I gasped feeling my husband's warmth. The flashes of last night made me blush. Arnavji slept like a baby with a happy smile on his face. He looks so cute. Unable to stop myself I caressed his hair lovingly. He stirred in his sleep. Leaning towards my hubby I whispered a quick good morning.

"Good morning Khushi."

"I am famished. Can we order breakfast?"

Pecking me a few times he agreed and called up for room service. Taking turns we freshened up and then enjoyed a big breakfast. Feeding one another. Grinning at our stupid talks. All and all it was a romantic start to a beautiful day. We walked around the poolside garden holding hands. Many onlookers passed us a smile. According to Arnavji people probably assumed that we are on our honeymoon. I turned scarlet listening to his words.

Time passed. And then late in the evening, Arnavji wanted me to take me out. He did not disclose a single thing claiming it to be a surprise. I pouted. But the man did not budge. 

###

We arrived at our destination after a drive of 45 minutes. And all my anger vanished in thin air after scrutinizing the sight in front of me. I felt my husband's chest on my back as his arms wrapped around my stomach. My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open surprised by the unexpected view. Fairylights surrounded a gazebo. Soft music was being played in the background. Inside the gazebo, there were two chairs and a table. I could see a plate of hot piping Jalebis at the center.

Smiling at my favorite meal I was about to step towards the gazebo when a riot from behind jolted me. I turned around horrified. Everything happened in slow motion. One second we were alone and the next, some 10 people surrounded us. I could make out a few words in between the loud noises. ASR. Rival. A final attempt to kill you. You should have died in the accident. Horrified my eyes flew to meet Arnavji's who was equally shocked by the confession. 

My husband tried to fight them but he was outnumbered. Somewhere between the push and the pull I lost my balance only to be face-planted. For a while, my head hurt like hell. But as soon as the spinning stopped I found Arnavji thrashing the men as a man possessed. I gulped feeling restless. Deja vu. This has happened before. That one time years ago in Nanital. 

I rushed to his side to do some damage control. He might kill the man who pushed me. I pleaded. I swore. I shouted. But my husband was not in his senses. It was only when I held his shoulder and whispered about my fear, he stopped with the violence. 

"Humein darr lgrha hai. "
(I am frightened).

Four words were enough to bring him back to his senses. Some people came around to help us at the exact time. So I was distracted for a while. They tried to intervene but the police arrived. It took almost an hour. And only after complaining about them did my husband allow the police to leave. The police force was intimidated by Arnavji's stance. That was the first clue that I ignored. Finally, when we were alone Arnavji took me back to the car. He studied my wound and did a little first aid. That was the second clue. 

Finally, when my eyes met him I saw the change in those molten brown orbs. It was then that realization dawned upon me. I gasped. He stared back in confusion. However, a moment later he understood and simply nodded confirming my suspicions. Devi maiyya!?! You answered my prayers. Arnav Singh Raizada is back. The ASR. That cold, possessive and calculative look. Oh my goodness.

"Aap ko sab kuch...."
(You remember...)

"Yaad aagaya. I remember everything, Khushi!"
(Yes I do).

Stunned by his response I sat very still in the car. Nothing could be heard apart from our shallow breaths. The silence was deafening. I kept staring at the sun. The bright rays were now replaced by the dull orange light. Twilight was approaching. The day would soon turn into a night.

....I remember everything, Khushi!

....I remember everything, Khushi!

 His words echoed in my mind. He is gone. The passionate and obsessive Arnav Singh Raizada will no longer be a part of my life. On one side I was happy for my husband. On the other side, I missed being around my obsessive lover. Wiping away a fallen tear I could not help but hug my husband. It's goodbye then. It's time to get back to my old life. So will I never see my dark, obsessive ASR ever again? His next phrase made me gulp audibly.

"Tum theek ho?"
(Are you okay?)

Am I? I asked myself. 

12 comments:

  1. Super keep the obssessd one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already missing the obsessive Singh Raizada 🥺🥺

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. awesome story.. ASR is back but Khushi is gonna miss her obsessive lover in her husband.. loved reading all the parts in one go.. Thank you for such an awesome story..

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowww, Uuuhhh, neither me (nor Khushi) do know what exactly I would like to....keeep...obbsesive Arnav or old ASR...eatherway ...as he said "I remember everything Khushi"....it is possible to have an mix...or should I say an .... upgraded ASR...
    so....I am eagerly waiting to read your next chapter !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm crying. You took my obsessive ASR away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No tears. Wait for the next chapter.

      Delete